T-REX - A CELEBRATION OF MARC AND MICKEY
T. Rex, Marc Bolan and Mickey Finn are among the most famous names in glam rock and are regarded as the precursors of the later punk movement.
During their main period of commercial success from the early to mid-1970s, T. Rex notched up chart hits all over the world that still count as classics of music history today. In September 1997, 20 years after Marc Bolan's tragically early death, Mickey Finn and Paul Fenton were invited to make a guest appearance at a concert at Cambridge Corn Exchange and performed to a rapturous reception. Inspired by this, they decided on the same evening to reform T. Rex.
Their first performance was in the Martin-Schleyer-Halle in Stuttgart in March 1999 before no fewer than 30,000 T.Rex fans, and was followed shortly afterwards by a Japanese tour. After these impressive beginnings, the band played throughout Europe and gained countless fans there.
Mickey Finn sadly died in January 2003, but the remaining band members, encouraged by the overwhelming support from their appreciators, decided to continue bringing the songs of Marc Bolan and the timeless music of Marc und Mickey to generations of fans old and new. As long as the great hits like Hot Love, Children Of The Revolution, Jeepster, Get It On and many more remain unforgotten, the musical legend of T. Rex will live on in these performances.
Booking: Sounds Promotion
- 01/24/2018, Kurhaus, Bernburg (GER)
- 01/25/2018, Tivoli, Freiberg (GER)
- 01/26/2018, Kulturhaus, Salzwedel
- 01/27/2018, Theater in der Stadthalle, Neumünster (GER)
- 01/28/2018, Festhalle, Bad Oldesloe (GER)
- 01/30/2018, Alfred Rust Saal, Ahrensburg (GER)
- 01/31/2018, Stadttheater, Hildburghausen (GER)
- 02/01/2018, Stadthaus, Lutherstadt Wittenberg (GER)
- 02/02/2018, Kultuhaus, Heilbad Heiligenstadt (GER)
- 02/03/2018, Wisentahalle, Schleiz (GER)
- 02/04/2018, Fontane Haus, Berlin (GER)
- 06/02/2018, R.SA - Festival, Schwarzenberg (GER)
- 07/27/2018, Mehrzweckhalle, Querfurt (GER)
- 07/28/2018, Partheater, Plauen (GER)